Monday, October 6, 2008

What a nice surprise...

Surprise!
After a "stimulating" PD meeting today**insert sarcasm**, I went out to the farm to see the progress. They whole weekend and today, I have the task of mowing the lawn hanging over my head. I KNEW I had to do it tonight, b/c the rest of the week is packed. Well, I went to the farm and then headed home. Surprise! The lawn mowing fairy (Jared) had been there. Thank you so much Jared...I appreciate it!

House progress....sheetrock is sprouting everywhere! The walls are almost complete in Emma's room and a lot in the main living area. It's really making things look differently now.

Just a thought...isn't it weird to "take care" of someone else's child? It's harder to do the simpliest tasks that you wouldn't think twice about. Example: I have been bonding a lot with Braylon lately. I had to take him to the children's program at church and leave him crying...WOW, that was hard. Another hard thing was having him sit on his bed when he threw a fit tonight. I knew he needs consistency, but it's a WHOLE lot harder when it's not your kid. I now know how a aunt/grandma feels a little bit. It's very easy to spoil them.

K...off to do more packing!

3 comments:

Finding Joy in the Journey said...

it is hard not to spoil them b/c you want them to love you...you're own kids have to love you but you have to earn the love of other kids!

Corin said...

Sounds like Vance should leave more often. You've got Jared mowing your yard and Jenn taking care of your kids. A few more days and maybe you'll get a housekeeper and cook too. Maybe I should send Steve away for a week.

Bree Shaw said...

braylon still loves you! thanks so much for following thru for me!