Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Cheap Entertainment!

Vance and I had tried to scheduled an evening to pick out carpet, paint, buy outlets, etc. You never know if those things are going to happen, but we actually made it to Kirksville tonight. I know, Annette, after you took my movies back for me! I appreciate it though!
Anyway, you know we've had a little mouse problem. We do every fall. I ignored the situation until Vance got home and he was helping me pack. He lifted a pan in the oven drawer and THERE was a mouse! He ended up killing it and putting it in the FREEZER...YES the FREEZER. For bait later on! Yep, I know ewwww....
So, we thought we had defeated the mouse. We ran in the house tonight to get our carpet samples and there was the mouse's BFF....except forever was over! Vance tried to find it and ended up resetting the trap. He decided he needed more traps, so we went to Wal-Mart (the place that has everything) and bought some traps. While there we also got a bottle of wine.
The moral to my story...what does a young couple look like when in the check out line with a bottle of wine and a bag of mouse traps? Hillbillys after cheap entertainment! That's us! All we need is some missing teeth, a shotgun, and our house slippers!
P.S. Need another good mouse story...go here

2 comments:

Amee Jones said...

yeah, I bet you already have the gun and slippers, but missing teeth wouldn't be too hard to aquire.

Corin said...

I'm always thinking that at WalMart, about my odd combination of stuff. I think I would laugh at people all day long if I was a checker, making up stories in my head about what they were buying. I tell ya self check out was made for just those occasions.