Friday, October 24, 2008

Let me tell YOU something....

READY TO COOK...this phrase would lead you to believe that you can just pop it into the oven, right? WRONG! It means first...let me tell you...you have to do something totally disgusting!
Before I go into details, remember...I'm a farm girl.
I've pulled lambs.
Yep, as in insert hand into the...Yeah...you know where, and pull out lamb.
I've dealt with maggots...I know gross! Now you see how strong stomached I am!
I made sausage 8 1/2 months pregnant.
I've cleaned up vomit, snot, and poop.
Tonight I had to put MY hand into a turkey! EWWWW...
Jenn is cooking it for my lunch tomorrow and mom dropped the roaster off at her house and she was just going to pop that puppy into the oven. Well, mom reminded her that you have to clean out the turkey. "What, Clean Out What?" So, me being the kind-hearted sister, I go and get the roaster so my preggo sis doesn't have to stick her hand into my turkey. So a word to the wise...
When the package says...and I quote READY TO COOK and it also has on the package....GIBLETS INCLUDED. You HAVE to REACH INSIDE and take out the giblets. Do you know where to reach? YEP...and there is no lamb inside! Also, what do you think the neck looks like? EXACTLY! All curled up like that. GROSS!!!
THAT'S ALL FOLKS....

4 comments:

Anita J. said...

Yep. I was disappointed the first time I had to pull out the bag of goodies. I'm with you. Realizing I had to pull a bag of that turkey's innards out of its carcass? Nasty.

Finding Joy in the Journey said...

but it sure made my job a lot easier!

Bree Shaw said...

i am so glad that you cooked yours first:) now i will know what to expect or i could just have you do it for me!

Missy said...

Oh yes. I do know this. That is why all my family gets served is boneless, skinless, chicken breasts.

BLECH