Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Emotional Wreck

O.K. Guys...another one of my students are leaving. He is my loud little firecracker. You all know who I am talking about. He talkes all the time and about when you are ready to strangle him, he gives you a grin, smile, or laugh that just melts your heart. I am heartbroken. Why do I let myself get so attached? I've taught him for two years and love him like my own. His mom lost custody of him and he's going to live with his dad. His dad is a really nice guy, it's just not his mom. If anyone is at Hastings or wouldn't mind stopping I would be eternally grateful. There is a book called A Kiss Goodbye by Audrey Penn. I always give it to a student that is moving away, but used up my last copy this week. I don't think I can order it b/c his last day is Friday. I NEED that book to give to my little munchkin. Please let me know and I will give you money, mileage, etc.
I'm sorry if this post doesn't make any sense...
I think I need prayers more than him:)

UPDATE: Hastings does not have that book...not sure what my plan is now.

5 comments:

Anita J. said...

I am so sorry for you! I don't know what expedited shipping costs, but here is a link to Amazon. They say you can get it by Thursday if you order by 5:00 EST and choose expedited shipping.

Anita J. said...

http://www.amazon.com/Kiss-Goodbye-Audrey-Penn/dp/1933718048/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1225304591&sr=1-1

Finding Joy in the Journey said...

I have one..you can have mine.

Andrea Frederick said...

thanks guys

Bree Shaw said...

anita and i had the same idea:) go us! hang in there. you will make it thru it. i would be the same way you are about getting too attached, it just happens, that means you are a great teacher:)love ya!