Monday, October 13, 2008

Name brand vs. Store brand

Just gotta know....
What's your opinon on name brand items?
Jenn got this picture of Mike and a HUGE box of Cherrios at her baby shower.
I made the comment that that box would have been toasted oat rounds at our house.
Ya know, the play off of Cheerios.
Soooo...do you buy name brand things?
I have a few obsessions that MUST be name brand...
  • velveeta
  • miracle whip
  • ketchup
  • shampoo
  • toothpaste
  • t.p.
  • paper towels
  • salad dressing

Definitely off brand...

  • cereal
  • sugar/flour
  • seasonings
  • pop-tarts
  • mustard
  • cheese
  • and much, much, more...

What's the rules at your house?

3 comments:

Amee Jones said...

Both of our lists are very similar. I can't do the pop-tarts though. James likes the cheap ones better, but I am pretty serious about my pop-tarts. I bought real Froot Loops the other day, because I thought I was hungry for them after your post that asked about your husband's favorite. I also bought some off brand ones to make bar graphs in class. Guess which ones I like better. GO CHEAP CEREAL!

Finding Joy in the Journey said...

mike gets toasted oats at his house now...(but i do still buy him name brand captain crunch).

i'm obsessed with name brand chips & philadelphia strawberry cream cheese for my bagels, but i could care less what kind of bagels they are!

Bree Shaw said...

ketchup used to have to be name brand at our house, but i slowly weened them:) toilet paper is a must for name brand KLEENEX COTTENELLE! and so is VELVETTA. we just realized when amee brought us tacos a couple of weeks ago that soft shell taco shells are a must in brand. we usually use some kind, can't think of it right now, but anyhow they tear all the time and she brought us a kind that was great, can't think of the name either, but we will be getting those from now on! even jared commented:)