Wednesday, October 1, 2008

To me, old age is always fifteen years older than I am....Bernard M. Baruch

I've been thinking of age a lot lately.
I know all of you old fogies out there are scoffing at me, but you we're my age once, so don't laugh!
I think it's funny how YOU never seem old.
Everyone else just seems young!
I make a solemn promise that I will never be the person that says:
Oh, you should have been (insert age here) when I was!
When I was (insert age here).....
Oh honey, you haven't lived yet, you're still young!

Those people just drive me crazy, I get so irritated b/c they think they are better b/c they have been married longer, have more kids, have more experience, they ALL had to start somewhere...SO QUIT BEING A KNOW-IT-ALL!
I know that I'm young, but I'm moving on up in year too.
I just signed up for something and had to put my birth date and had to scroll to find the year I was born! I'm usually right there, but I had to move up!
Yep, me! I couldn't believe it.
WOW...now that's old!
I don't know about you, but it still shocks me that people born in 1987 can legally drink! What??!! Didn't they just start high school? I really need to accept change and get on with it.
Side note: I still got carded when ordering a margarita on Saturday night and then caused the other people sitting at my table to be carded. How funny is that? I hope I continue to age gracefully!
So, even though I have had my 10 year class reunion, my BABY will be in kindergarten next year, and I will celebrate my 10 year wedding anniversary next year, I AM still young darn it!

10 comments:

Corin said...

Don't worry Andrea you aren't old b/c if your old that means I'm old. And I am not old. I still get carded too. Then Steve will get his id out and the server usually looks at him like yeah okay buddy whatever makes you feel good.

Corin said...

I's just like to say that I already miss Bree's comments. Now I feel like I'm reading by myself. very lonely. Come on Jared that girl needs a laptop.

Cindy said...

Oh well if you guys are old than I am a youngen (SP?). Well you guys are my friends and age does not matter to me! I take everyones comments and accept them. I do not think well she has only been married for so many years and she has only so many kids. I think the opposite way of well she deals with this many kids all day and I am only dealing with two or she has dealt with this and I have not:) Age does not matter, it is just the friendship that I am looking for.....if that makes sense!

I also agree with Corin, come on Jared get Bree a laptop! She definately deserves it after yesterday!

Finding Joy in the Journey said...

Does it seem like the older we get the younger mom & dad get or is that just me?

Corin said...

I'm totaly with you Jenn. In my mind my parents are the age they were when I was like 16. To me they will always be that age. Which is scarry b/c apparently I'm closing in on them.

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry people make you feel that way! I guess I'm so worried about myself getting old at "36" (oops! I mean 37!) that I don't seem to worry about other people's age, wisdom, parenting, marriage, etc... It was just the other day that I asked you if I needed to color my hair and it seemed like not very long ago I was telling you I was "officially old" because my bottom is now touching the back of my leg!!!! Gravity. I can't decide if it's a good thing or not. Love ya lots, Kristina

Finding Joy in the Journey said...

I'd just like to take this opportunity to point out that of all your blog readers I'm probably the only one still closer to 20 than 30! ...in the staff meeting trivia game we played the other day here at work one of the questions was "Who is the youngest employee of Scotland Co R-1?" Guess who? What an accomplishment!

Corin said...

Thanks for pointing that out Jenn! When Jenn turns 30 lets put banners up around Lancaster who's with me.

Andrea Frederick said...

WOW...you guys had a lot to say! I hope that nobody that commented thought this blog was directed at them, b/c none of you have made me feel "less" b/c I'm not older. You are ALL great friends! I just liked the quote and ran with it. I agree about the banners...except we'll be closer to 40 by then Corin, so that might back fire in our faces:)

Bree Shaw said...

old? i feel like i am right now! i hear ya on all of that. people just think since they are older that they are wiser. it some instances maybe but in others they aren't, they just think they are:)