Thursday, October 9, 2008

First Grade Funnies

A few funnies I've experienced this year:
"A flea! a flea! Mrs. Frederick there was a flea in my hair, but I've got it in my fingers now!" Mrs. Frederick said (while smiling brightly), "Let's go show Nurse Sharon!"
"Are you grumpy today," asks Mrs. Frederick. Another student looks at Mrs. F. and says, "Are you?"
We were writing words that end with ck...yes, you can only imagine where this is leading. NO, not down that path. First I say to write crack. "HA HA that's a BAD word, Mrs. F." "Yep, you know...behind your pants!"
Then, I said to write the word flick and playfully flicked the student next to me. They wrote it and then the next word was smack. The student looked at me and said, "Don't EVEN think about it."
If you don't think these are funny, humor me. I hang out with 6 year olds all day!

2 comments:

Finding Joy in the Journey said...

i have a 6th grade funny for you...
one of our teachers sent a student down to the copier & said "just get a stack of plain white paper." apparently not understanding, the child went to the copier, inserted 1 plain white piece of paper, pushed who knows how many copies & hit go. so the line is backing up, teachers are waiting on this kid to get done & finally one genius teacher decides to check it out...now the student knows where the reams of plain white copy paper are (and that no photocopying is necessary to produce them)!

Bree Shaw said...

i am going to turn you in for child abuse:) you shouldn't be flicking your students! and i have proof of it right here on your blog:) also, i love your new blog layout.