Tuesday, October 28, 2008

The Results

We are exhausted, but I will try to update you.

We got almost everything painted tonight. I have to get more brown for the stairway walls and loft. I decided to go with the same brown that is in Emma's room. It looks really good. I took pictures, but they are terrible quality, b/c my battery was almost dead and the lens cover was dirty.

Anyway, here they are..

I painted the dormer walls the same color as the stairway wall. The rest of the walls are gray, it's just hard to see.

Emma's chandelier lit up!
Emma's laminate floor in her bathroom.

My ceiling fan....I love it!
Our ceiling fans in the living room. They make me happy! They look awesome and huge! They are 68 inches across! We haven't had them on yet, I hope they don't rock the whole house:)
Thanks to Bree, Erin, Amee, Corin, and Lauren for helping paint. Lauren you are an excellent trimmer and Corin you now have a special bond with my hallway/stairway! Bree you are a great friend...thanks!
Also a shout out to my mom who loved, fed, bathed, and cuddled my kids! Thank you!
As you say your prayers tonight, pray for a special, little girl who I have grown to love! She's 6 years old and I taught her for two years. She has three younger brothers whom her mom is raising, but her mom will not raise her. Her great-great grandmother who took on the duty is dying and there is no one in the family that will take her in. I know God has a plan for her, but I hope it's not a tough one. I am crying as I type this, b/c I love her so much and I don't want to see her little spirit crushed. God, please keep her safe and let her feel loved.
O.K...obviously I need to go to bed.
Good night!

3 comments:

Anita J. said...

I said a prayer for the little girl. Please keep us updated.

Cindy said...

I am saying a prayer too. She is a special little girl, that is for sure........as Anita said keep us updated on her please! Wish I could have been there to paint, but it just did not work out......I was thinking of you guys though......love the colors and the ceiling fans are awsome....you should be proud of yourself! Tell Vance and Jared the flooring looks awsome in Emma's bathroom.....

Bree Shaw said...

GO US!!! one more little area to paint and then what? maybe we need to do the flooring b/c it doesn't take a rocket scientist to do it:) i will be praying for her. you have grown attached to her and you are emotional about it plus adding tiredness and typing those words at 11:30 at night makes it more emotional. hang in there! it will all work out:)