Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Thankful Thursday

I am posting this on Wednesday night, but already thankful that it is almost Thursday. Here is a Frederick Family Update....

I started a post awhile back and just finished it, so it's a few posts down. It's my house building pointers.

Bree is muddling through. She has LOTS of pain. There were huge amounts of endometriosis(sp) and she will have to take shots to keep that from coming back. They also removed to "chocolate" cysts...one that made it mandatory to remove her ovary and the other was on her bowels. Don't ask about the chocolate part, it will make you NOT like chocolate! Her bladder was growing into her uterus. Sooooo...the moral to this story? God was making sure she had this surgery and so now it's done and a good thing she didn't wait any longer!

Our house is moving right a long. The have all of the siding finished except one tiny piece above the front door. The front door is back ordered for 3 more weeks. The are hanging sheet rock on the ceilings throughout the house. It's really changing the looks of things. Vance is almost finished insulating, which is good b/c he leaves Friday morning for a 8 day trail ride. We have a mailbox out there. Our new address is Rt. 2 Box 27 Lancaster. We are "shaping" our driveway and rock is suppose to come any day. Our faucets are in and sorted. We're still waiting on a couple things for the kid's showers. Whew...Anything else? Can't think of it. Oh wait, Vance hung the outside light by the garage, it looks good. I need to get more pics up here but seem to be running in circles.

Me update. Monday I was so tired, that when I shut my eyes I would get really, really dizzy. I muddled through and went home to "rest." Yeah right! Well, Tuesday, it hit me! I bet my blood pressure is low b/c of my heavy period. I had the nurses take it and it was 90/48, oops. (and that was right after working out at Curves) So at 11:30, I left work and went home to sleep and slept for 2 1/2 hours. I think things are leveling off, but glad that I'm just not lazy.

Emma: The reason I didn't "rest" on Monday was b/c she kept limping. She's been doing this for about 3 weeks now and Monday it was really bad. I ended up taking her to the doctor and then to the hospital to have x-rays. She thought pictures of her bones was totally neat and now wants to be a doctor when she grows up! She had no problems and right now we're going to chalk it up to growing pains. She has grown 6 inches and gained 9 pounds in 6 months! No wonder her "weg" hurts!

Today after school, I had a co-worker/friend take Colby's 6 year pictures. Every year, for their birthday pictures I take their favorite things. Well, this year Colby's favorite things are his pony and dog (a 150? pound bloodhound), so needless to say a photographer had to come to us. She did a great job and took over 300 pictures! I can't wait to see them!

The best thing? Colby learned to whistle. We are extremely happy:) and hoping the weather stays nice enough that he can practice his new found talent outside!

1 comment:

Bree Shaw said...

thanks for keeping everyone updated on me. can't wait to see colby's 300 pictures.