Monday, October 13, 2008

House Update

Update on the house:
It seems like things go quickly and then slooooow down. I knew the sheetrocking stage would go slowly, but boy I wasn't akidding myself! They are finishing up all the little "scrap" pieces of sheetrock. It's definitely changing the looks as they close up rooms. I'm still shooting for next weekend for painting.
A few pictures....

door bell
view from the loft
that difficult bathroom faucet, we're going to put shelves in that recessed area
outside lights
kitchen area
I have the carpet pretty much picked out and the guys will be coming any day to measure the rooms. I have bought all of the laminate floor that we are putting in the bathrooms and mud room. The other big project we have is putting down the hard wood in the living room/kitchen and finishing it. Yuck!
P.S. I'm very glad to have Vance back. I think it's the first time we've been gone from each other for over 5 days. It's kind of like our honeymoon all over again!

4 comments:

Amee Jones said...

Oh, gosh! The house looks GREAT! I love the lights. Who's going to change those bad boys? Vance could probably climb the walls. It seems unreal that it has gone so fast. I'm sure that it is sureal to you.

Cindy said...

Ah I totally agree with Amee! Holy cow how a house has changed in a couple of weeks. The girls and I will have to come take a peek! By the way TMI on the honeymoon comment:)

Andrea Frederick said...

Oh come one Cindy, you wanted to know!

Finding Joy in the Journey said...

is laminage a new kind of flooring?...:) only i would be kind enough to point that out.