Monday, November 3, 2008

The VOTE!

I've kept my mouth closed for this election, b/c we live in a democracy and everyone has their right to vote. But....
tonight Colby asks me who I'm voting for. I asked him why. He said, "I think I'll vote for McCain." Hmmm...interesting. A little girl told him at school that McCain isn't going to live very long, and Colby thought he would give him the benefit of the doubt. So at supper, my 4 and 6 year old children had a conversation on Obama and McCain...couldn't believe that really happened!
I have already cast my vote, b/c Colby has an eye appt. tomorrow and I wasn't sure I would be back by 7. I could have gotten up early and did it, but we all know how that would go!
I hope everyone thinks long and hard when they get ready to vote for the bond issue and tax levy. Our school is slowly becoming seriously financially unstable.
Good luck tomorrow, Bree...and I hope your tummy cooperates!

1 comment:

Bree Shaw said...

thanks!! bronson and braxton have been talking about who they are voting for, for a week or so. it is so good to see our little ones getting "involved". i need to remember to put in their baby books who they "voted" for. i think that would be something to look back on some day! and i also hope everyone thinks hard and checks YES when they are voting for the school! it is our biggest employer in schuyler county and our kids are there!