Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Tears....

I am a positive person. I know if you just read my last post, you might not believe that, but really I AM! Therefore, I am not going to dwell on the fact that Obama is now our next president. I am going to embrace it, pray, and hope....
I wanted to type this long and inspirational post about how God is in control, but then I read that exact post and thought....why hurt my brain? Someone much more eloquent than me has it covered. Sooo...go to Mud and Coffee...and enjoy. (o.k. I can't get it to link, but she is in my blog roll). It brought tears to my eyes.
Maybe I'm just emotional?
Who knows, but it's worth reading.
P.S. Be careful what you tell or let your children overhear. We have some very nervous 1st graders and many other age groups at school. They are worried about their guns at hunting season, dead babies, and boys kissing....obviously their parents are against Obama, and that is their right. Just censor your conversations, so your children don't worry about things much bigger than them. Also, some parents don't share this with their children, and then then our children are hearing it second hand. That is frustrating. Off to varnish....

5 comments:

Bree Shaw said...

brax is worried about his gun rights too!

breanna said...

oh my heavens!!! too bad! i think dr. phil said something that really stuck with me (which is odd cuz i'm not a dr phil fan), he said NEVER expect your children to deal with adult issues. in context i think this is exactly what he is referring to. there must be a healthy balance between letting them in so they see a marriage isn't perfect and it takes work and relationships are tough, etc., but this?! so sad for those children and the children that hear second hand!!!

Anita J. said...

I love being part of a blog where we can talk about our children being afraid of having their gun rights messed with. :O)

Thank you so much for the kind words, Andrea. I didn't expect someone to link to that writing, that is for sure! I thought maybe I would end up on a talk show or singing at the Inaugural par-tay (Hee hee)...just kidding, of course.

In all seriousness, Andrea, thank you very much. I hope you are able to set your little kiddies minds at ease, and I hope that the parents hear what you are trying to say. Have a terrific day.

Angie said...

Kids (or adults) don't need to be worried about their gun rights because Obama has the same views as McCain does (did).

Andrea Frederick said...

anita, i would expect a call from oprah or the view any day now! you are very welcome, i meant what i said! you are a great writer!
angie, i hope i didn't offend you. i read your blog about everyone having their own opinions and these are mine. i am not a political person by any means and do not follow the issues. i do not correct my students, i just assure them. i am not up to date on many of the issues...it's not my thing. like you said: this is why we live in a democracy:)!