Thursday, November 13, 2008

The Joy of Giving....

My kids don't make wish lists. I don't know why, I've always just listened to what they want or seem interested in and let people know. I also like for people to think of what to get them b/c they have new and different ideas. So far I have a couple of ideas that are "almost" for sure...
I thought I would share them with you....Marble works from Discovery Toys! I LOVE Discovery Toys and I've been waiting years until Colby was old enough for this. I can't wait to see how his mind works into coming up with different ideas.
Discovery toys are all educational and rarely need batteries. Bonus: my babysitter sells them!

Finally: room for a play kitchen. I love this one. It's wood and doesn't do anything special. She still has to use her imagination, no lights, sounds, bells, whistles, etc.....
And we all know she has a good enough imagination!

The Rose Cottage...I also wanted this for Emma last year, but no room. The left side is a little bit smaller than the right and slips into the right side for easy storage. This might be a birthday gift. We have to buy them before Christmas b/c the stores are wiped out afterwards.Accessories for the rose cottage.

Do you guys have any ideas for a 6 year old little boy going on 15?
How about a 4 year old little diva?
I would love to hear them!

4 comments:

Finding Joy in the Journey said...

It sounds weird but your kids are going to LOVE decorating their rooms & having things of their own. I've been trying to come up with something fun for them but its not hit me yet...I'm still working on 'the best' aunt gift!
Nothing will top the excitement over the electric blankets they got from mom last year! You'll have to turn your heat waaay down at night so they can use them. Funny kids--at least the appreciate the necessities of life...we lived by electric blankets!

Finding Joy in the Journey said...

p.s. that sink looks huge compared to the cottage its supposed to go in...maybe ya shoulda scaled that picture down a little!

Corin said...

I love that marble works toy. I was just telling Steve last night that we have to get that for Levi when he's old enough. You already know what I got both of your kids. I excited to give them there gift I think they'll like them.

Anita J. said...

So cute! You know there is a link on my site to Amy's shop on etsy where you can get a mini sized handmade bag. I got one for baby Macy and it is SO cute. And she only charges 10.00 plus 3.00 shipping, if I remember correctly.