Friday, November 14, 2008

The Lightbulb moment...

As I drag my vacuum up and down my new stairs it occurs to me:
I will not be able to plug my vacuum in at one spot and reach the whole house. Hmmm...this might take me longer than 10 minutes from now on. Bummer!
On a brighter note, hopefully my house will stay clean b/c I have a garage to leave all the yucky stuff in!
Bree and I cleaned windows, bathtubs, and walls last night. I vacuumed every room but Colby's.
Vance is sanding and varnishing the hard wood tonight.
Our countertops are in but wrong. So I might have to move in without a kitchen sink.
Our bathroom countertop looks lovely and our medicine cabinets and lights are going up today. Also, my glass backsplash in the kitchen. I can't wait to see it! After today, it's pretty much trim, trim, trim until we move in!
MOVE IN DATE: November 22nd!

5 comments:

breanna said...

congrats! i can't wait to see pictures! i'm sure it's all gorgeous! so sorry to hear about the kitchen sink/countertops! too bad!!!

Bree Shaw said...

you forgot to mention the backsplash in the bathroom! i hope the trim gets done soon b/c of all that i have helped you do that is the one thing i DIDN'T like to do, but if it comes down to it i WILL do it! i am so excited to see all of your stuff in there and then sit down to eat a delicious home cooked meal and play some cards!

Cindy said...

yeah you! All that space to enjoy, clean, and not have everyone on top of you! You guys so deserve every bit of it!

Corin said...

I bet it's a relief to be at a stage where you could move in without the rest being done. I mean trim is nice but not a necessity in life. Can't wait to see the finished project. Can't believe you are going to make Vance stain and varnish while he's sick. Slave driver.

Finding Joy in the Journey said...

yay! forgot to tell you when i e-mailed earlier that i will take care of all aspects of meals for moving day--we'll have soups and sandwiches. don't buy anything or make anything..i can handle it. the kids can come here if that's easier or i can have the food ready and come over and help unpack all day. whatever...