Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Quick Update

Hello Friends....
A quick update!
I am at the farm every night this week cleaning and unpacking. I put some of my dishes away last night. That was awesome. It seems to me that my cabinets are very TALL...so if your short bring a stool:) I can't wait to see my backsplash tonight! That is so exciting to me. And complete countertops tomorrow or Thursday. Also, appliances tomorrow or Friday. Tonight, I will take over some more boxes and unpack them...all the while compiling a HUGE shopping lists. A little overwhelming preparing 4 bathrooms for use after being used to 1 for 9 years! I have to have t.p., shower curtains, hand soap, toothpaste, trashcans, shower liners, etc, etc....
Side Note: My Colby has two teeth coming in and no sign of the baby teeth loosening. I had the same problem and his dentist said it would change his bone structure if they didn't come out. So, we have an appt. with an oral surgeon in December. Lucky Colby. It kind of stinks b/c the tooth fairy won't be nearly as great, but their going to put him completely out...so he doesn't freak out. We have a consult on the 18th to "meet" the dr. and then the 22nd is the big day.
K, off to do grade cards. Maybe pics tomorrow if I have time....

8 comments:

Finding Joy in the Journey said...

poor kid...at least you're going to have it taken care of so it doesn't affect him forever. yay for backsplashes & countertops...i might want to go with you thursday--might be fun to watch someone else spend loads of money (tee hee hee...at least its payday!).

Andrea Frederick said...

why do you think i'm waiting until thursday?

Bree Shaw said...

gno??? fun, fun!!

Shonya said...

How exciting to go buy all that stuff for a bunch of bathrooms! I think it sounds fun! (er, as long as I'm not the one paying the bill! ha!) Poor Colby--my bro and sis both had delightful dental journeys like that--it'll be worth it.

I gave the other girls a hard time about (NOT!)leaving me comments. . .don't want you to feel left out! :) But I'll give you a little time. . .chuckle

Corin said...

I remember making those shopping trips each time we moved. Surprising how those little things add up isn't it.

Anita J. said...

Ugh. Poor little guy.

Fun to see you so excited about the move in!

Angie said...

I am so happy for you that you are almost in your new house. What a great time to get in. You could instantly put up the Christmas tree. Hope everything goes well with Colby.

Andrea Frederick said...

ang, I am so exciting to put up my tree! It will be so easy to just sweep up needles instead of getting the vaccum out. I already have a spot picked out!