Monday, November 10, 2008

Question of the day....

Our evening was interesting....

After the day I had I should have known....

My kiddos at school found it impossible to control themselves and apparently so did our children...Bronson included.

Now granted, I have padding but no carpet, hardwood floors but no varnish, wet varnish, and strips with nails pointed up but no carpet....I understand that it might be tricky to behave but they could do it...I know they could.

Well, not tonight. The tore a piece of the padding, played with the varnished door, and kept malling the new carpet. Then, they proceeded to go outside and throw sawdust everywhere. Needless to say all three received spankens by their respective parents!

After the Shaws left, Emma looked at Mike and said, "Mikey, is sexy a bad word?"

I hear him say, "I don't know."

"How come?" she asks.

Again, Mike says, "I don't know."

I ask Mike, "Come on Mikey is it? Huh? Is it?"
He says, "I don't know ask me in 10 years."

Meaning his little girl(or boy) will be asking those questions in 10 years. I remind him that Emma is only four...

Ooops!

On to Colby...

We were downstairs and he asks me if I think he's a butthead.

I say, "A butthead? Do you know what a butthead is?"

He says, "No."

I explain that it is, "A head of a butt."

He thought that was pretty funny and decided he was not a butthead and we decided he would not use that word on anyone else.

What an evening of lessons.

The bonus: We got to use our new prayer list. We had lots to ask forgiveness for and quite a list that we needed help with!

4 comments:

Finding Joy in the Journey said...

Mikey LOVES it when Emma asks him thought provoking questions or tells him about her lady parts...lucky Mikey!

Corin said...

I really think Mikey needs a little girl to keep him on his toes, ask him the hard questions. Too funny. Steve would have passed out if she asked him that or pretend he didn't hear her.

Finding Joy in the Journey said...

I think Emma does it because she knows it makes Mikey squirm!

Bree Shaw said...

bronson had lots to say in his new way of praying too. i hope he straightens up b/c i am tired of yelling at him and "spanking"!!