Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Update

Just to let you know...
99% of our boxes are unpacked. We started hanging things last night. Something my husband was not very happy about, but I threatened to pound holes myself! It's looking pretty good. I still need to work on the living room a little, we're waiting on more backsplash, and can't wait to finish the trim. After that, we'll be sitting pretty!
My kids are loving their new rooms. They are both sleeping great, but apparently sleeping alone is thirsty business, b/c they come down for a drink. They will have a cup on their respective sinks tonight.
It's a little surreal to walk out into that huge living room and know it's mine. Feels like I'm visiting when I watch t.v. and I'm still loving washing dishes. I know all of this will end, but I'm going to enjoy it for now!
Off to work....

7 comments:

Finding Joy in the Journey said...

you're home...that feeling will never completely leave you i don't think b/c you know that you are finally somewhere that isn't 'temporary'. even when you bought the last house you knew it wasn't forever & this one is...
yay you!

Bree Shaw said...

i am so excited for you guys! i was just thinking that same thing this morning when i drove by your old house, that isn't their "home" anymore! it stinks to drive by there and not see you. i guess i will just have to drive the gravel to work from now on:) not really, but it is a thought. i can't wait for all of us to have supper there and have a lot of room to maneuver! so, when are you cooking us supper?? just kiddin'

Corin said...

It's sureal for me too. I keep telling Steve can you believe they're in their new house. I feel like next time I come to visit I'll go to the wrong house.

Corin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shonya said...

I'm not sure I really want to be friends with someone who would already be 99% unpacked. . . :) Actually, I have lots of friends that way. I think I choose friends like you hoping it will rub off. . .alas, it hasn't yet! I'm so happy for you, and glad you're getting settled.

Shonya said...

On second thought, remember when you helped me put down all that. . .uh, what's it called? cover stuff on cabinet shelves and in the lazy susan??? It's all still there--yup, haven't done another thing with it. I think it's all slip sliding this way and that, but I just keep putting off taking care of it. . .you would never do that, hmmm? :)

Andrea Frederick said...

Jenn: can't wait for the temporary feeling to go away.
Bree: this weekend we'll do supper, after you family leaves.
Corin: I actually went to my old house after church...oops! I had 4 kids yelling, "What are we doing?"
Shonya: I can't help you:) I would not be this "done" if it wasn't for great friends!