Sunday, November 2, 2008

This weekend's sweat and success....

Whew...what a whirl wind weekend!
Here is what we accomplished.....

The infamous front door came in on Friday. I started varnishing it on Saturday and it has 4 coats so far...
If you don't like it, I don't want to hear it...we love it!
I also started varnishing the interior doors. The one thing we learned by loving pine? It requires no staining.
The stairway lights now turn on!
These are the lights in the stairway. You can kind of see them lit up. There are four and when it's dark, they put off just enough light for Emma to see.

And then...I ran into a problem. I was stripping all the wire to help Vance out and apparently I shouldn't be trusted. Not sure what happened...the tester went flying, the lights went out, and my fingers got singed...oops I better stick to varnishing!
The culprit wire!

Colby and I spent time putting on outlet/switch covers.

And I spent two hours in Home Depot picking out closet shelving! Poor guy, that helped me! He was really nice though!
This week is promising to be rush, rush, rush again...can't wait until this house is finished!
I also cannot wait to see what Annette has to teach me about parenting:)
Until next time...

P.S. I forgot to mention, we moved the sandbox, swingset, and trampoline. Along with cleaning up the yard here, burning trash/sticks/leaves and mowing the yard one last time.

6 comments:

Bree Shaw said...

i would have loved to seen the tester go flying! sorry i wasn't there to help this weekend. i will be glad when this election is over. oh yeah, by the way, i LOVE the front door.

Finding Joy in the Journey said...

your fingers look worse than mike's! good job!

Corin said...

I love the door. Well worth the wait.

Bree Shaw said...

OH YEAH, where is a picture of the trampoline going down the road? that was very, very funny!!

Anonymous said...

I leaarned that I already know enough not to totally mess up my own "little" kids, but the biggie was..wait for it.... you shouldn't go out to the bars with your kids!. Niki was SO disappointed! I'm sure she was just counting the days till she could do the pub crawl with her 53 year old mother. (I'll be 58 when she can go to bars) :) Annette

Andrea Frederick said...

WOW Annette, I'll try to remember that important parenting tidbit!