Saturday, November 15, 2008

Gettin High...

A few pics of the progress. Our bathroom is finished. The countertops are in and the sinks and the faucets. We are waiting on the backsplash, but that is minimal. The recessed medicine cabinets are awesome. So glad I did that. I also need to find a mirror for my vanity area, but I think i can make do for awhile:) There are so many lights, I've been told I could tan in there!

Our t.v. I love that it is up high and I can see it from the kitchen.
hardwood floors through the dining room, living room, kitchen.Sanding...I couldn't get the picture to flip. We both took turns. It took a long time!

Varnishing. We were up until 1AM! I didn't do much, but I was there. I would have felt bad nice and warm in my bed while he slaved away. Even though I was just there for conversation purposes. It's kind of like when you hear that footstool go up and your cleaning up the kitchen. How frustrating....just keep me company!
Another coat today and then we'll see....
I forgot to mention, when we came home last night, we could TASTE varnish in our mouths. Yuck, nothing like that to add to a cold.

2 comments:

Finding Joy in the Journey said...

wow! the floors completely change the whole room. i mean, obviously i knew they would but such a different look! yay! and now to let them dry...

Anonymous said...

Tell Vance congrats on the great deer. It's great to be able to see all your pix online. Take care!! Dana & Stan