Tuesday, July 1, 2008

The Basement

It's official...we now have a basement. Yesterday, the kids and I got up and went to the farm at 7:00. They were already pouring the floors and the Shaw boys were there. We had lots of fun watching the process and all their various tools. The boys were excellent, just watching. The Shaw's had to leave for work/baby sitter, but we stayed all morning...watching, helping, running errands. The kids had to clean out the stock trailer to go get our windows, and I ran the the lumberyard and cleaned out Vance's truck. If any of you have ever seen that, it's not an easy feat. Around 1:00 I took the kids home for a nap and did laundry, checked email, updated the blog, etc.

Delmar got the skid loader stuck, imagine that in all that mud!
So, then we got a call that the window truck was suck in K.C. and wouldn't be here till the morning. Great after all the arranging, the kids were at my mom's and Vance and I were ready to head out. An hour later, we got another call...Stand by, Renae was on the phone and she was going to get that truck unloaded:) THANKS RENAE!!! So, another 45 minutes went by and then we got the call to head south, the truck was coming. Vance and I got into Columbia around 8:00, loaded the windows, and headed home. I am very excited to see them, they are beautiful. We also need to thank Bruce, the truck driver, who helped load the last two. They are 6X6 feet and VERY heavy. Then, Erin and Trenton stayed up til 11:30 to help us unload them, b/c I knew I could not unload those two heavy ones. It went very quickly with so much help!


Finished floors, I think Kelly is going to start framing in the walk out part of the basement tomorrow. YAY!!!
The kids trying out the new egress window well. They both climbed out with no help, so it's worth it!

Today, I ordered the garage doors and the door from garage to house and from garage to outside. It all gets overwhelming, but excited. I also filled Vance's truck and two gas cans up with gas. First time I experienced the $100.00 max on gas. Then you pay and continue filling...UGHHHH! I also got more pallets to stack hay on, went and got the kids from my sister, and of course took pictures.

Vance is baling hay tonight and I'm going to KV for curves, groceries, and birthday presents. I'm excited to see what tomorrow brings!

P.S. throughout all of this I cannot fail to recognized the people that continuously help us! Thanks you for....

watching my kids: Bree, mom, Jenn, Lauren

answering my questions (there's a lot): lumberyard, Kelly, my husband, Renae

using your muscles to our benefit: Jared, Trenton, Chance

Just being a sounding block to listen to my excited chatter!!

THANKS...YOU ARE APPRECIATED!!!

4 comments:

Bree Shaw said...

That has got to be the biggest, longest blog I have ever read! I am sure once the framing starts things will def. get hectic. You will be so sick of decision making:) That picture of the garage floor has some awesome clouds in the background. They look almost fake.

Andrea Frederick said...

you're right that is quite a long blog, i didn't even notice as i typed!

Angie said...

How exciting. Things are starting to come together and you can see some progress. When are expected to be done?

Anonymous said...

It is really happening. The pictures and updates make it seem fast from this point of view. Probably seems like it is taking forever from where you stand. It is going to be a great house once it is all done. I love the windows and a front door.

Much love,
Angela