Monday, June 30, 2008

MO to CO

Last night was our first annual MO to CO 2 mile walk, (or 5K run, but honestly who does that?). We had lots of fun walking 2.07 miles in about 40 minutes. Bree and I both commented on how good we felt and how we would have been huffing and puffing without Curves. It's good for something! I was hot and sweating, but didn't even feel out of breath. We went up and down hills and my kids did a great job of mostly running the whole time. No whining and good attitudes. We all paid $15.00 to help the church raise money to go to Colorado. They go every year at the end of July for their annual NYR trip (National Youth Roundup). I went when I was younger and it is a powerful trip. On the side of a mountain, surrounded by Christians, good attitudes, awesome music, and lots of baptizing....what could be better? I am thankful I went when I was younger, and will make sure my children have the opprotunity when they get bigger.
As you can see in the picture, we had a pretty good turnout, but not huge. We should have had a TON of people there, there was plenty of notice and it was a good time in the evening, not too early/not too late. I wish the walk would have been more publizied (sp?) at church...it would have been good to hear some of the youth talk and have them ask for support. A good experience and I will definitely be there next year.
Emma in her huge shirt and matching sunglasses...would you expect anything less from Emma?!
The cheaters who cut across instead of walking the WHOLE course!!!
Aren't we cute...all matching??!
Lorn lorn and Colby, what a pair!

3 comments:

Bree Shaw said...

I am so glad that we have been doing Curves or else we might have been cheaters too:)

Angie said...

I remember going to NYR and had a great time. It is definitly a great experience.
Your sister looks just like you sitting there with Colby. I would have thought it was you if you wouldn't have put her name.

Finding Joy in the Journey said...

apparently my husband is an idiot...all this week while i was gone i thought he went to mo to co...nope--he thought it was this week. duh!