Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Progress Made

This morning I went to Curves and got home and Vance had gotten a call that Kelly was parking his trailer at the house site! YAY! The kids and I went over there around 11:00 this morning and watched throughout the afternoon. When we got there, they were looking at floorplans and didn't really have anything done. As you can see, when we left there are 3 walls up! They don't know how many days they will work until they head back to the Iowa jobsite, but we're happy with what we can get.
Colby and Emma using the scraps to make a barn/lot/house. It also helps with clean up at the end of a day.
The wall going across is Colby's bedroom wall. The first door on the left is his closet door, the middle door is to his bathroom, and the end one is the storage room under the stairs. The wall coming toward us is a short wall for his closet.

This is the same wall, two different picture angles. It is the walk out basement part, two windows and a door in the middle.

Colby got to help Jerry Dirt fill the trenches back in. He was actually a lot of help!

Other than hanging out at the farm, we did not do much. The kids and I helped Vance bale a handful of bales before the rain came. Now we're hoping that there are no huge storms, so Vance can get a full nights sleep.

Tomorrow, more phone calls to lumberyards etc. and helping mom get ready for Jenn's party. Also, ultrasound news....I hope its BIG!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I so can feel all of your excitement in that blog!! yayy!! That's great to hear they got started on your house! Jennifer

Anonymous said...

I so can feel all of your excitement in that blog!! yayy!! That's great to hear they got started on your house! Jennifer

Amee Jones said...

I am really excited for you guys! Ican't believe how fast the progress on the house is coming. I'm sure it doesn't seem as fast for you.

breanna said...

Happy for Andrea! I love seeing the pictures! Gets me all that more excited for when it's my turn! : )