Thursday, July 10, 2008

EMMA=DRAMA

Now, to read this post, you have to understand Emma. Everything is a big deal, which is sweet when she's saying her prayers, contemplating God's love, explaining how much she loves you, etc. However, when she is hurt, mad, upset....it turns ugly.
Yesterday, I hear loud wailing and here comes Emma. I do not jump up and run b/c she cries a lot. If someone looks at her funny, says she's not pretty, etc. I go to the door and ask her if there is blood. That is numero uno in the are you really hurt department. She yells, "YES THERE IS BWOOD!" And there she stands with a bleeding finger. There is enough blood that it is dripping, so I help her inside and ask what happened. Still yelling and wailing she replies, "THE TITTY BIT ME!" "The kitty bit you? Which one?," I ask her. "THE WET ONE!"
Well....if you were a kitty and wet wouldn't you bite the hand that holds you? She was holding the kitty underwater in a tank in our yard b/c he needed a bath. No wonder he bit her. We go wash up and get a band aid, but she is injured for the rest of the day. I made the mistake of giggling when she recounted the story to her father, so then I also received the silent treatment.
Lesson learned?....probably not!

6 comments:

Amee Jones said...

POOR EMMA! Can you imagine what life would be like without the drama. What would you blog about??;)

Finding Joy in the Journey said...

i sure don't know where she gets her extreme DRAMA from...probably her dad!
she knew she could scream b/c she was bleeding!!!

Andrea Frederick said...

I pretty sure Emma gets her drama from me, but I won't admit that to anyone! Yes, blood=the right to cry!

Stacey and Ryan said...

I like how you spell how she actually says the words. So cute.

Angie said...

I Love it!!! I think it has to be a girl thing with all the drama.

Bree Shaw said...

I can't imagine Emma and Drama:) I really wish Jared would have had the pleasure of having girls!