Sunday, July 6, 2008

It's a Family Tradition

On Saturday, the kids and Vance and I went out to Vance's grandparents home to bale hay. Vance was going to help his brother Stanley and then bring some bales home for himself. When we got there it was Gerald, Stanley, Lori, and Ryan....whew....i was definitely safe from helping! I had my mom with me and decided to pack up the china from Vance's grandma. I am very excited about having room to display it at our new house.

Colby got to help run the hayrack and Emma rode in the tractor. After one load, I took Emma back home and she had a nap while I did laundry. Vance and Colby didn't get home until 10:00. I am very proud of Colby for his strong work ethic and grateful that Vance is instilling good values early on. Square baleing is becoming a thing of the past and it's neat to see families hang on to that tradition.



On Sunday, Corin and Steve met us at the farm after church and brought pizza for lunch. They wanted to see our basement and Steve was going to help Vance bale hay again. THANKS STEVE....better you than me. It was 90 degrees out, so Corin and I brought Emma and Levi back to our house for a nap and had a good chat. Levi tried on some heels and had a lesson on hair brushing...pictures soon. I love playing with someone else's baby and then sending them home. Levi is so much fun to play with b/c he will come to me willingly and he laughs and giggles. He also has quite the becoming lion roar that everyone needs to hear. Another busy weekend, can't wait to see what tomorrow brings:)


THANKS CORIN AND STEVE FOR LUNCH AND STEVE'S MANLY MUSCLES!!!...MUCH APPRECIATED!

1 comment:

Finding Joy in the Journey said...

what a blessing to have steve help vance hay...good friends are god's special gifts!
wish you would have recorded levi's lion roar..guess we'll have to hear it at the party.