Friday, July 18, 2008

Not afraid of child labor!

After we hit the beach, the kids and I headed to the farm to paint the floor. Kelly said this would help keep rain from seeping in. I forgot to take a picture of it but I will today. It was beautiful, let me tell you. The kids LOVED helping. Thought they were big stuff. After that, they cleaned rollers, carried boards, etc., etc. Helping kids are the best kind. On Monday, Kelly is supposed to put up the outer walls. I think that will be exciting. I hope things really get rolling now.
On another note, our house is SOLD! We don't have money and haven't signed papers, but I hope it really happens. Not sure what to do, heavy duty packing....just chill and wait for the date we have to be out? The kids and I worked on the basement today. Colby was a great help. He carried totes to the van and had them stacked so well. I was very, very proud of him and his help. Emma...well...hmmm..in between lipstick applying and hair combing she did make an appearance once in awhile. After I gushed all over Colby for his stupendous help, she kicked in to a higher gear. She wanted that praise too! Gotta love reverse psychology!
I'm going to continue to muck out the basement. Wish me luck!


I forgot to mention that Bronson was one of the "kids." Surprised?



1 comment:

Finding Joy in the Journey said...

colby looks like a 12 yr old rolling that paint...glad you got it done before rain hit today!