Monday, July 14, 2008

Another Emma Funny

I am so glad I have a blog to record all of the funny things that Emma says and does. So today, we went to the Bloomfield pool. We had lots of fun going down the water slide, jumping off the diving board, and just staying cool. I took Emma to the deep water and was holding her as Colby jumped from the diving board. She put her hands on my cheeks and said, "Mommy, can you baptize (bapimtize) me?" I was a little surprised but not much. When someone gets baptized at church you can just see the wheels turning in her head. I asked her if she knew what it meant to get baptized. She said, "It means you det married to Jesus." From the mouths of babes. Even the best preacher could put it so eloquently. I explained that she should get baptized so she could go to Heaven when she dies. Now Colby, would cry and blubber and say he doesn't want to die, he doesn't want me to die, and so on and so forth. Not Emma, she looked at me very solemnly and nodded her head. "Dat's where I want to go!" I want her to be a little older when she is baptized, but I am so glad she has those thoughts already. She has a very mature heart/mind about some things.
I credit Miss Lynne with a lot of Emma's love for Jesus. Sunday when we got home for church, she went burning into her room so she could hug her Bible, b/c Miss Lynne told them the Bible is a lot of help to them and they should hug it everyday...and she will!

2 comments:

Finding Joy in the Journey said...

i copied this and e-mailed it to miss lynne..she will appreciate it!

Bree Shaw said...

How sweet!