Monday, July 21, 2008

My Little Diva

Emma Joyce LOVES to have her hair cut. Here's a picture a few weeks ago for a monthly cut. Janet gives her the royal treatment with blowdrying and "special spray." Colby's hair grows a lot faster, so he has to have more cuts and Emma gets upset when I don't take her too. At home, we have started playing the "Janet Game." Emma is Janet and I am the customer. She sprays, pulls, combs, barrettes, etc my hair. She asked if she could use the scissors and I said absolutely not. Well......

Sunday I went to put her hair in a ponytail for the church softball game and their was a huge chunk missing. She had played the Janet Game and not followed the rules. So, off to Janets for a fix. Emma is very sad that she cut her hair b/c 1. she does NOT like her new haircut 2. people keep commenting and she has to explain what she did 3. one of her punishments was no makeup/crowns/dress-up for 5 days!Now she looks like I'm copying Suri Cruise's haircut, which is funny b/c I've had strangers comment that she looks like Suri. Vance thinks that should mean he looks like Tom Cruise. I think not!

9 comments:

Bree Shaw said...

She is so cute that she can pull the new look off. I don't think it is too bad anything beats the look that she was sporting Sunday night at the softball game. Even Jared thought it was funny.

Angie said...

Oh my! She really did get scissor happy, didn't she? She looks cute in the last picture though with it all fixed. I bet she will learn her lesson about using the scissors.
I can remember taking a bath with my brother when I was little there was a razor in the shower. He wanted to see what it would do, so I became the tester and he shaved a spot on my head. My mom about died. It was right at Christmas time.

Amee Jones said...

I LOVE it! bangs are making a huge return. Your little diva just wanted to keep up with the trend;)

Anonymous said...

I totaly think that Emma looks like Suri Cruise. I always think that when I see a picture of Suri. Vance looking like Tom Curise I'm not so sure of.

Corin

Bree Shaw said...

tom cruise, no! stan lynch, yes:)

Andrea Frederick said...

he'll kill you for that comment!

Anonymous said...

Come on now that Stan Lnych comment was just mean.

Corin

Bree Shaw said...

yeah it was mean. but a funny inside joke between us:) he really doesn't look like him but we like for him to think he does.

Finding Joy in the Journey said...

i'm not even quite sure what to say about your daughter...dad said she told him she got 2 'pankings for what she did...i bet she's dying without her accessories this week! grounded at age 4...has colby ever even had to be grounded yet? you sure have your hands full with this peach...just glad she did it at your house and not at mine--i have kid scissors in the kids' art drawer upstairs--gulp!