Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Floor Joists

Yesterday Kelly and the guys came and worked and they put in all of the floor joists. Next step is the OSB floor. Tonight we have to paint the floor to help protect it from rain and warping. It shouldn't be too hard, it's not like we have to be careful:) Kelly has 3 more days worth of work at the other house and then he is all ours! YAY!


For the last week we have been crazy busy. Monday, I took the kids to the pool in Bloomfield and then they stayed the night with Jenn. Tuesday, I had a meeting in KV for school, started home and Vance calls and asked me to rake hay. I've raked hay lots of times for my day, but he always hooked it up, pointed me in the right direction, and put it in gear. I had to do all of those things myself, but I felt really good about accomplishing it! After I finished, I went to Bloomfield and got the kids and then headed back to the hayfield. Vance had lots of help, so I just watched and rode along. Then yesterday, I took the kids to story hour at the library....Bronson too. Cindy kindly offered to watch my kids while I raked more hay. She fed them lunch and let them go swimming. After I picked them up, I went home and mowed part of the yard, did laundry, and cleaned b/c someone was coming to look at our house. Last night, I went to my mom and dad's b/c it was my dad's birthday. We had supper and cake and homeade ice cream. YUM.

Today, we are going to the Ottumwa Beach. We are meeting Cindy and the Cohagans, and taking Bronson of course! Hope this weekend slows down a little!

2 comments:

Finding Joy in the Journey said...

take a picture of the gorgeous color you end up with for the floor.

Bree Shaw said...

ok, so who is going to claim bronson on their taxes this year? me or you:)