Sunday, July 27, 2008

I'm Here

Well, I made it. It wasn't pleasant and I never want to go through it again, but I'm glad it's over. Won't bore you with the details, but went in Friday morning and didn't come home til Saturday morning due to some LOW blood pressure 86/68! and other hurdles. I have my friend strapped to my leg for the next 10 days, which is WAY more embarassing than I ever thought it would be. I thought I could just laugh it off, but it makes you feel very disgusting and hugely unattractive. I'm just going to try to get through the week as quickly as possible and you will probably see me in the same clothes over and over.
During my stay in the hospital, I had some great nurses and some not so great. What is it about being a nurse that makes some think they are better than you. I have the same feelings and needs. Ughhh...frustrating. The worst nurse I had was the overall supervisor! Another funny, here I am dealing with all of my female woes, left my husband at home so he didn't have to deal with it and two of my nurses are very YOUNG guys. I bet God was laughing at his sense of humor during that night!
I have to remember my limitations during my recovery. I feel great and overdo it and then end up with a HUGE headache, dizziness and I sleep like the dead for two hours. I did that this morning, but I'll try not to push so hard this week. My kids are at the in-laws for the next two days, which will be a nice, peaceful way to catch up on rest. Thank goodness for that. It's also a blessing, b/c Vance went on call this morning and I have seen him for a whole 1 hour all day. He buzzes in tries to get me what I need and then buzzes back out. Hopefully, he will get to catch up on rest tomorrow too!
Thanks to everyone who thought about me and to my mom who went with me. Also, thanks to Vance who kept the homefires burning!

P.S. The storm knocked out Army Wives and I'm totally peeved!!!

5 comments:

Bree Shaw said...

i can't wait to see your new friend:) at least you will get to sleep on this crappy rainy day. nothing better than sleeping in the rain.

Anonymous said...

Glad it all is over and done with. Hope the healing process comes along quickly and you are feeling better asap. Lots of Love from Muscatine.

Angela

Finding Joy in the Journey said...

Army Wives usually plays again on Saturday at 10p and then Sunday at 8 before the new episode airs at 9. Mike & I have missed them a lot lately while we've been working on the new house & we always catch them on one of those days.

Angie said...

Doesn't sound like much fun. Hope the week goes fast for you. Your little friend is no fun to have and I can't imagine having to have it for that long!

Amee Jones said...

Thank goodness it's over! If there is anything that I can do, let me know. Unlike Bree, I would rather not see your new friend. No offense =)