Monday, July 21, 2008

A Good Old Fashion Wall Raising!

Today, THE WALLS! Vance called and said Kelly needed to discuss somethings with me. The kids and I went over and reconfigured the master bathroom and they said they would have the outer walls finished today! YAY! Waiting for Vance to come home so we can go over. My sister Lauren asked if she could have the kids for the night and tomorrow, so they're already gone. A night with no kids.....YES! I love my kids, but need a break. It's also nice when someone asks to watch them without me asking first. Tomorrow, if Kelly works at our site, he will start on the interior walls. He might go to the other house to lay the countertop. I have mixed feelings about him working at the other site. I want him to get finished there and be done, but also want him working at our house everyday!
So far, this whole experience has been surreal. I can't believe it's actually happening. To all of you out there contemplating building a house, start planning now! Go in every new house you can. I have shamelessly asked people who have built in the last 3 years if I can tour their house. Most are proud to let others in to look. I ask questions and examine the small details. Vance can't believe I even notice some of the things I do. Right now we are picking out a door knob for the front door and I told Vance that the two new houses on our road both have a long door handle. Hmmm...he said. Yeah, I'm weird. Onto planning, we've had our plumber and contractor lined up for 3 years! We've always said the spring of 08 and it worked! It's never too early to start dreaming/planning!


The painted foor, isn't it beautiful?


The first wall. It's the biggest.


Setting the first wall up, kind of boring, but we are excited:)


The house from the east. The big whole will be a patio door looking into the dining room.

The view from the South. They didn't finish this wall today, maybe tomorrow.

Another view from the East.

View from the North. The two holes are my favorite...huge windows. 6 feet tall by 6 feet wide! The one on the right is for my HUGE Christmas Tree. Can't wait:)!!!

2 comments:

Bree Shaw said...

Lookin great! I need to get over there and see the progress. We haven't been there since, hmmm, i don't remember. Guess it has been too long! Isn't it funny how you think about stuff like where the xmas tree is going to go:)

Anonymous said...

Walls, Wow!! Probably not to you, but to me it seems like it's comming together fast. You'll be moved in, in no time. Let us know if you need help painting and such, we have alot of experience.

Corin