Friday, July 11, 2008

More Emma

So today Emma came in the house with tears in her eyes...yes, more tears. No wailing this time. She said she had poked her finger. I quote, "Mommy, dere is no bwood, but it hurwts weally bad so I need a bandaid anyways!" I am not the bandaid nazi so if that makes her feel better...more power to her. I love and treasure Emma and her antics, really I do. When I am about to the end of my rope with her drama, diva-like behavior, and just pure princessness someone will comment on how sweet and fun she is. I have to step back and appreciate these days b/c soon it will be over and she will have a little girl of her own, which leads me to my next Emma antic.
My mother skins Emma's hotdogs. Yes...skins. She tells me that that is the only way I would eat them and so she will skin them for her aswell. I refuse to skin her hotdogs at home, which we rarely have b/c I just don't like hotdogs. My mom reminds me that "I was a little girl once too, remember." One day, when I was impatient with Emma and hurrying her she said, "You were a wittle girwl once too, bemember?!" Thanks Mom!!
Last one: We had to go get Vance tonight when he was called out and I was in a hurry. I told Emma to put her jammies on quickly and go in to check on her and she's moseying about la-dy-dah. I threw her shirt on her and made her get in the van. She cried all the way to town and back b/c she didn't have on her pants and someone might see her panties. Heaven forbid!! When we got home she held one had in front of her and one hand behind her covering up her very crucial, little girl parts. If only I had my camera...like the horses, dogs, and cats cared. Oh Emma!

She is a very accessorized 4 year old. I swear she puts all of that stuff on herself. She even has glitter in her hair, a ring, and matching sunglasses. Hmmmm....you would have thought!? Not me!

1 comment:

breanna said...

rofl oh emma!!! rofl the panty cover-up is my fav!!!