Friday, January 16, 2009

What a mess!

So, this is how it goes....
We're playing Bunco last night and a couple of girls get the call that Scotland has canceled school. Us Schuyler girls wait for our call that never comes. I go home, after a very fun time I might add...and there it is scrolling across the screen...Schuyler R-1 canceled! I talk to many people, and decide to be the information seeker and call our principal. Needless to say, he's confused...he has just come from the board meeting and we ARE having school. I inform him that KTVO says different. He then calls our superintendent and KTVO changes their message.
Fast forward to this morning:
6:17 both cell phones start ringing. A message from the super...there IS school today 1/16.
O.K. I was prepared for that.
6:45 cell phone rings again. Another message, there IS school today, 1/16.
O.K. I got it.
I get to school, I guess KTVO had it going across the screen again this morning that Schuyler was canceled.
I was also told last night that our make up day would be Monday...grrrrr! That stinks when you're banking on a day off.
Get a call at 9:15...it was our principal....there is NO school on Monday 1/19.
Get another call at 10:00...there is still an early out today, dismissing at 1:00....
All I can say is it's a good thing we got this automated system or we would all be a mess. I have 7 kids gone today! Some sick, some thought we were not having school. It's hard to teach when you're going to have to redo it again next week. Right now we are painting snowy pictures...a little down time.
So, here's to a messed up Friday, a three day weekend, and above 0 temps.!

7 comments:

Angie said...

It does sound like quite the mess! But I guess it is a nice Friday. Nice and relaxed and nothing better then going into a 3 day weekend.

Corin said...

So wait, your had home now right?:)

Andrea Frederick said...

No, I'm at work! I know the confusion!!!

Bree Shaw said...

whew, good thing i have you to let me know what is going on! i don't have the automated thing on my cell yet, so i bet when i get home i have lots of messages! thanks for IM me to let me know what was going on!

Anita J. said...

Wow. Sounds like a great day for painting snowy pictures! I used to work (as an interpreter for the Deaf) in a system that got out when it rained hard. I lived in another county so it was extra fun that our family had the day off.

Glad you have the day off Monday. Right??

Finding Joy in the Journey said...

wow! Schuyler county is a mess! glad you left the msg on my blog that you did have school...we toyed with running to kville. what would Colby have done if he got off the buss here and we weren't here?...and we don't have a house phone! my stomach was in knots just thinking that i almost did that to him!

Shonya said...

Yikes! That stresses me out just reading it! :)