Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Picture Perfect

Some random pictures I need to post.

Emma on our date night. We had a fun time. She kept saying, I really like date night mom. I told her I did too. When it was all said and done and we were headed home she goes "Mom, Can we talk about my day now?" What? What have I been listening to for the last 5 hours? Anyway, she came away with two new leapster games, two new shirts, a dress, slippers, pretend eggs, valentines, and hopefully lots of memories. I came away with a sad feeling b/c my "baby" can no longer wear toddler clothes. That totally stinks, b/c Target toddler clothes are MUCH cuter than the "big" girl stuff. It was a very sad realization.


This is Emma helping Colby make his lunch. I've put him in charge of the making of his lunch and he does a pretty good job. He ALWAYS takes a honey mustard sandwich. As you can see....he likes LOTS of the honey mustard. He also likes for Emma to help.

Funny story....the other day he brought home a picture (see below) of what he wanted to be when he grows up. It's a darling drawing and I love the spelling of electrician. So, I was thinking...if Emma would draw one I could put them on the wall together. Emma wants to be a animal doctor...aka...vet. Colby asked her if she knew how to spell vet. He proceeded to sound it out /v/ /e/ /t/. "Do you know those letters," he asked. Emma guessed f for v, which I thought was pretty close. She didn't have a guess for e and Colby was disgusted b/c that starts her name. By the time he got to t, he looked at me and said, "I think you need to work with her." Thanks for the advice, Colby!


Vance bought this gorgeous bench to sit on our front porch. Now he thinks it's too nice to put outside, so it's in our living room. It is quite pretty!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

thats quite a nice bench, now if only it was warm enough to put it on your porch and actually sit in it...
Lauren

Corin said...

I love the new bench. Where did he find it? I also love Colby's drawing. Does he ever play with his Snap Circuit?

Finding Joy in the Journey said...

you rearranged AGAIN! at least you have room to do that properly now!

Bree Shaw said...

i love the bench! some how i missed this post the other day. hmmm, you probably thought i was being a blog snob, huh? i love how colby spelled electrician. he did pretty good for such a big word.