Friday, January 16, 2009

That would be scary...

One more Emma funny and then I'm going to read my book. I was putting Emma to bed and she said, "You know what would be scary, Mom? A nightmare."
"No, Emma, I don't know." I replied thinking about all the bad dreams she has had in the past.
"It would be scary if you were a worm and a bird came to eat you in your dreams. That would be a nightmare. If you were that worm you would have to dig DEEP to stay away from those birds or if it was fishing season."
I stopped, stuttered, and then said, "Yep, that would be scary. I'm glad I'm not a worm."
We both agreed it was a good thing we are people and not worms.

4 comments:

Shonya said...

Oh, I just love this stage when their imaginations are so vivid. Good for you, taking the time to really listen to what she's saying! I've been guilty of doing the 'mmm-hmmmm' thing. What book are you reading?! :)

Finding Joy in the Journey said...

the gears in her head make ME feel tired...she must be exhausted after a day of thinking her thoughts!

Anita J. said...

Oh, sweetness!

Bree Shaw said...

i think she has the biggest and best imagination of any child i have ever known! i just love her:)