Sunday, January 4, 2009

A Reminder....

Vance's Great Aunt passed away last week and we just got home from her visitation. Vance and I would go there to help her pick up willow limbs after a storm or to rake hay on her land. She always wanted to see you eat something she had baked. I will always remember her for saying Vance was twitterpaited (sp?) after he met me. She was a rare gem and we should have visited her more often.
After 86 years of life, two husbands....many adventures they only had a handful of pictures of her. She made BEAUTIFUL quilts....and we are lucky to have 3. She gave us one for our wedding gift, we bought one, and Colby has a baby one. We also bought a wedding ring quilt for my mom. That quilt is the only one they have a picture of Bernis with. I remember her getting out her old camera and having me snap it b/c she was very proud of that intricate design.
So....as life gets busy, you feel rushed~stressed~running behind. GRAB YOUR CAMERA...take pictures of people, houses, scenery. How many times have you looked at an old picture and said..."I didn't know that was there?" or "WOW...Grandma, you were really pretty!" I know I will be better at taking pictures. They are worth 1000 memories!

5 comments:

Finding Joy in the Journey said...

good point and how sad that there was only a handful of her. i just picked up 250+ pictures of natalee from wal-mart...so perhaps that's a little overboard, but you never know what will happen so i'll continue being picture happy. there's worse things in life than having too many pictures!

Bree Shaw said...

i agree jenn. i am getting 520 pictures developed right now of just braxton's bday and christmas! i don't think you can ever have enough pictures:)

Erin said...

This is something I'm not very good at, but am trying. Trenton takes most of our pictures and he just gets the important ones. I need to get better about it. I was alot better before my digital. Now they're just stored and never printed, which I guess is better than having none at all.

Corin said...

This is something I need to work on. It seems like very every holiday or occassion I forget my camera at home. I need to just always take it with me.

Shonya said...

You know, this is just sad to me. I take tons of pictures, but I'm never IN the picture--so one day that will be me! :) I sometimes say if I would die young, the kids are going to think I never spent any time with them! I hope they'll stop and think that I was the one behind the camera freezing the memories of all the moments in their lives!