Saturday, January 3, 2009

Love Letters

Colby's mouth have been getting away from him lately....and when it does his punishment is to write an apology letter. The first one is for saying my butt is big when I was walking up the stairs. Whether he meant it or not is not the point....he needs to realize it's not polite or kind.
For those of you who don't read 1st grade spelling it says: Sorry mom for saying that your butt is fat. From Colby.
He was very embarrassed and wanted me to throw it away immediately. I will be keeping this letter for a loooooong time!

The second offense is for lying about brushing his teeth. It says: Sorry for faking mom. I will not do it again.
For right now, I think this is the best punishment for him. He doesn't respond to spanking and dislikes writing so it's two disliked things at once. He is becoming quite the speller though!
Here's to hoping that age 7 is better than 6!

5 comments:

Finding Joy in the Journey said...

man,the writing didn't show up very well...never throw those away. they are something to save for high school graduation!

Anonymous said...

You really should think about writing a book! Your kids truly do say the funniest things! Love them to pieces! Erin

Anonymous said...

LOL!!! I was just sitting here casually checking blogs and cracked up at Colby saying your butt was big. Oh man, aren't kids just something else!?? I can just see your response! :) Shonya

Bree Shaw said...

lol! that is so funny. i know it wouldn't be as funny if my kids said it to me, so that is why i am laughing at you now so when my kids do it, you can laugh at me:) i think you should start a binder for all his master pieces!

Corin said...

Gabe once told me I was ugly. I know there just kids but it still kind of hurts.