Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Hmmmmm.....

woFirst, I STILL have no Internet. It is ticking me off! I get home Monday afternoon, check, nope...call Mark Twain.
"Ma'am, the tech is still in the area...hopefully, he can fix it tonight. If not, it will be tomorrow. What time will you be home?"
I tell her that I am usually home around 3:30 and then call my mom and tell her to call as soon as she gets home too, so they can get theirs fixed.
No tech shows up, so Tues. afternoon...I rush home after an impromptu staff mtg. It's 3:45. No Internet, No tech. I call...this time I'm not as nice.
"Ma'am, it looks like the tech has already left the area. It says he could stop by your house at 3:30. Were you there?"
I tell her that I was there at 3:45. Could she check and see if he stopped by? Nope, he didn't. He left the area without fixing my Internet. Then I find out he fixed my parents the night before at 5:30 when I called first! I was hot to trot.
Needless to say, the tech has my number and Bree's. If he is in the "area" during the day he's suppose to call Bree to get into my house (she's adding that to her friend job description:). If he comes after 4:30, we will be there....he better hope he calls before I get home. I'm not feeling so kind! Oh, and Vance's phone call got us a credit on our bill for 5 days without service!
Then today starts. 4 sick kids! That leaves me with a class size of 13, but the 4 gone...are my neediest and need to be here EVERYDAY...although that makes today really easy! One little girl has a tummy ache. Send her to the nurse, no temp., she comes back. I sit and hold her for 45 mins., while helping kids with phonics. I put her on my chair, go to teach, she pukes....ALL OVER! 1. I'm glad I'm not holding her anymore. 2. I'm sorry I ate school breakfast as did she. 3. I will start taking tummy aches more seriously!
Now, I'm enduring another day of indoor recess. Bleck!
The bright side? Sonlight tonight, Bunco tomorrow, nothing FRIDAY!
YAY!
Happy Hump Day!

4 comments:

Corin said...

Sorry about the kiddie puke. Hope your day improves.

Anonymous said...

Whew! I must have just missed the vomit session! Love ya, Kristina

Bree Shaw said...

and then sonlight is cancelled! maybe you can go home and get on the internet. if not, i am glad i am not the one answering the phone at mark twain:)

Finding Joy in the Journey said...

I just don't even know what to say about your day!...um, sorry?