Tuesday, January 13, 2009

~Five Years Ago Today~

Wow! Five years? No way! Yep....five years.
I had Emma on a Tuesday and today is a Tuesday...what are the chances?
5 years ago, on Monday I decided it was time. Vance called in to work, we dropped Colby at Judy's, and headed to the hospital. I didn't time my contractions, but they were close enough together that I had one at the intersection of 63 and 136 and then again at Amoco. We get to the hospital, check things out, and BOOM...they stop! We walked around Wal-Mart...picking things out for Colby to make sure he didn't feel slighted, go back to the hospital...still nothing. They told us to go home. So we did. I was already scheduled for an induction for Tuesday the 13th. The next morning, we did everything again...except they didn't send me home. I was admitted, checked, blah..blah..blah. They gave me a pill to make sure I would start and boy did I. As my dr. came in to check on me, she also mentioned that Cindy was in the next room. What are the chances? Then doom set in! The Clampets came to visit! Oh my, they were in my room just to check their baby's heartbeat b/c they hadn't felt it move for awhile. I was going crazy! They were rude, loud, obnoxious, need I go on? I got up and walked down to Cindy's room. We visited for about an hour, then I was pretty sure I was going to throw up. I think talking made everything so much easier, b/c I didn't dwell on the contractions...I just talked through them. Cindy didn't even realize how hard they were. When I got to my room, I knew things were progressing quickly. I kept telling the nurse and she would pat my hand and tell me that I had just gotten there. No, I knew this was not "just getting here contractions!" So, when they finally checked me things got rolling. Everyone was rushing about, b/c I wasn't even in a delivery room yet. At 12:18...a short 4 hrs after being admitted to a room I delivered Miss Emma Joyce. She weighed 7 pounds and 13 ounces. Sooooo much smaller than Colby. I felt great! A four hour labor?...what could beat that?! By 1:00, my mom had KFC for me and I was scarfing down fried chicken and mashed potatoes...waiting for Cindy to deliver next door. And as they say...the rest is history! If we only knew how our life would change with just one little girl!

8 comments:

Corin said...

Happy Birthday Emma!!

Andrea Frederick said...

Sorry, I accidentally posted it without the story:)

Cindy said...

Who would have ever thought that two people from the same town, from the same group of friends would have babies on the same day, in the same hospital, just a little over an hour apart.....how awsome is that! Happy B-day Emma!

Corin said...

I sort of knew what was comming so I felt safe wishing Emma a Happy Birthday. The KFC part was great why didn't I think of that. I did have mashed potatoes while in labor.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Miss Emma Joyce!! Love and hugs from Kansas. Have a great day! Love to your mommy too.

Bree Shaw said...

Did you get my text this morning for emma? what a great little girl you have been blessed with. i love her more everyday and just between us "i think jared loves her just as much:)"

Finding Joy in the Journey said...

Happy Birthday, Sissy! We love you!
Gigi & Mikey!

Da Tick said...

Tell Emma Happy Birthday from the Morgans. Interesting story. Probably a chick thing. lol. Just kidding. Dads get excited too. So do da's and grandpas.