Monday, January 12, 2009

Catching up!

Whew, this weekend went fast! I'll try to re cap it without causing you pain or boredom.
Friday after school, Colby went home with my 16 yr. old cousin...his hero...Rhett. He got to spend the night! That was nice b/c it left me with just little girls the next morning for Emma's birthday party. Friday afternoon, we went to the flower shop and she picked out a handful of balloons. Sat. she had a wonderful time with 4 little girls. They played so well! I had to make them stop playing to do the crafty things I had planned:) We decorated our own cupcakes. That was really amusing. A couple of them would ice it, sprinkle it, lick it and repeat. Nothing like a sugar high at 10 A.M.! We had a quick lunch and then got ready for the family party.
Emma is so blessed to have so many people that love her! She had the grandmas and papas, great-grandmas and papas, aunts and uncles, cousins, and then a few close friends that should be aunts and uncles (Bree/Corin:) And then there is Erin and Trenton...cousins/friends/Emma's fav!? We gave lots of house tours, b/c it was the first time most of Vance's family had been there. We had a wonderful star fish cake (pics to come), ice cream, cupcakes, and lots of presents! That girl opened presents for 30 mins. She has so much stuff, she doesn't know what to play with. Sunday morning, I get up to find her laying on the couch playing with the dog leash Corin and Steve got her! She loves it! Don't think they're crazy, Emma loves her dog, and they got her an awesome retractable, PINK leash. She can't wait to use it.
After all the family left, some of the friends stayed and we got ready for round 3! Vance and I and 4 other couples got together for good food, good company, and good fun! We played spoons, and the longest game of pitch I've ever been involved in! Once again, there was lots of laughter, only a few war wounds, and no spilled drinks!
I've already posted about my wonderful movie date with the girls that took place on Sunday. Can't wait to see what this week holds for me.
My baby turns 5 tomorrow:(, the first Sonlight of 2009 without Laurie and Chad on Wed., and the first night of Bunco on Thurs....Friday~kick back and relax!

7 comments:

Corin said...

I forgot to tell you at the party those cream cheese filled cupcakes were awesome. I had two and would have had a third but they were gone when I went back. Yummy. I'm glad Emma liked her leash. I figured it would be a big hit or a big flop.

Bree Shaw said...

whewwww, i am wore out:)

and why weren't there any spilled drinks? b/c the "responsible" one (i won't mention names, MEEEE) kept telling others that they needed to probably move their drinks!

and you forgot to mention the scars in the table, or does that fall under the war wounds?

Finding Joy in the Journey said...

no war wounds!?...my husband came home with bite marks that he still had the next day! :)

and corin...i'm really sorry to tell you that mom had another tupperware of those cupcakes sitting on the counter :( i'll make those to bring to bree's on thursday for bunco so you can have your 3rd!

Angie said...

It sounds like you had a fun exciting weekend. There is nothing better then good friends and family together having a good time.

Leanna said...

Wow..sounds like she (and you) had a blast. I can just hear those little giggles going crazy after the sugar rush! ...lucky you...haha

Da Tick said...

Sounds like a busy weekend. SBC Global is the way to go. Mark Twain is for funny quotes and good reading.

Anita J. said...

Sounds like fun! I have to add that your blog design is so nice!