Saturday, January 3, 2009

Reflection...

I just spend the day doing laundry, a little cleaning, and uploading pics to my facebook albums. Wow! What a year. I cannot believe how quickly our house went up and how blessed we are! When I look back at the progress that was made everyday, I am still feeling that "surreal" moment. We had a couple tell us the other night that the last 6 months of building is what about did them in. It only took us 8 months if you count when we broke ground and 6 months if you count when Kelly started. I didn't realize how grateful we should feel, until they told us that!
I stripped both kid's beds and washed their sheets. Everything is much more fun at this house. Yes, even laundry. I don't mind making their beds b/c I can get to them. I don't mind doing the laundry b/c I don't have to walk down to the yucky basement. Heck, even cleaning is somewhat fun....and I don't like cleaning. So, if you feel like being the party pooper...go poop somewhere else. I know the newness will wear off and it won't be so much fun...but I think I will always be thankful. I lived in a tiny, compact and somewhat yucky house. That makes me feel all the more thankful for what I have. You know that quote...."you didn't know what you had until you lost it?" Well, I know...and that's not just materials things, but also the love of my husband and children....family and friends.
I know what I have.
Do you?

1 comment:

Corin said...

I just love the line go poop somewhere else. I think I'm going to start telling people that when there bothering me.