Thursday, September 11, 2008

“Without leaps of imagination, or dreaming, we lose the excitement of possibilities. Dreaming, after all, is a form of planning.”.....Gloria Steinem

I'm starting something new, where all of my posts start with a quote. I think this one sums it up b/c our house would just be a big pile of wood, if we hadn't been planning all of these years. It has definitely taken some imagination to plan and even with the best imagination, I haven't always known what was coming.
Today, the beam was put in, along with two sets of doorknobs, soffit, and a reinforcing beam on the porch for a porch swing.

I love my doorknobs, simple but pretty. I looked through a 56 page catalog to pick those out!Emma is very happy b/c she can reach them AND open them. Bree will also be happy b/c her and my current doorknob get in a fight every time she stops by!
The electricity hub of our house....all I can say is WOW!



The beam....all I could say at first is Hmmmm..... We have to wait for it to dry out and then sand. After sanding, we will try to stain it to match the rest of the pine and then varnish. It is very white now and very, very big! I think it will look cool after all is said and done.

On another note, we started soccer practice today. Interesting....is all I have to say. Emma was very excited and already quoting her coach. Colby, well Colby got a big spanken after practice and that's all I have to say about that!

Tomorrow is Homecoming and it's suppose to rain. Colby is riding his pony through the parade and Emma is riding on the senior float. She is a panther.

Stay dry and enjoy your Friday!

1 comment:

Bree Shaw said...

yeah for door knobs i can operate:) i think the beam will be fine once you get it sanded and all the goods on it. bronson decided to ride his motorcycle b/c jared didn't think i could handle the pony since he hasn't rode him awhile. which he is probably right. surely i can handle a motorcycle. we will see!