Tuesday, September 23, 2008

“True progress quietly and persistently moves along without notice.”...St. Francis of Assisi

Usually this quote is true, but I feel like the progress on our house happens daily. They have the front of the house, the whole south side, and the east side by the patio door left to do. There are lights wired in the kitchen and an outlet in the kitchen. That is really exciting to me. I picked out interior doorknobs today and Vance and I decided on a color for the master bathroom countertop.
East side of the garage.

East side, walk out basement.
North side of garage.
North side
AND THE BEST NEWS.....
Yep! Garage door openers! I was so excited by that...the guys were a little amused. I immediately put mine in my van. I feel grateful that I will appreciate these little things that most people take for granted. I have never had a garage door, dishwasher you don't have to roll, garbage disposal, laundry room, more than one bathroom, etc. I will feel more appreciative toward these little things. Sometimes waiting is hard, but for the best.

The Best is Yet to Be......

3 comments:

Cindy said...

Wow that is impressive siding......what it does for the looks of a house! I totally understand about the little things you appreciate.......I was so excited to have my garage and have the garage door opener too, especially bringing a newborn home and not having to get them out in the cold. Of course you do not have to do that, but the not having to scrape ice/snow and not having to get out in the rain is AWSOME! Having more than one bathroom is great especially when we had all three running at the same time this weekend with 7 filthy people to bathe, but to clean them....UGH:)

Finding Joy in the Journey said...

there is nothing as satisfying as pushing that button and having your door open to a cozy, dry place. watch out, though, you may find you often forget your coat!

Bree Shaw said...

i am jealous! i wish my garage was attached. i don't think i will ever talk jared into it. oh well, i am happy that i have a garage wether it is attached or not. the siding is looking great. looks like the made more progress on it yesterday than they did on monday.