Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Strange But True!!

So my son wants to be a tomato for Halloween. Yes, a tomato....actually a tomata! I have asked him many times for about a month and he never wavers from a tomato. After the great white sweat suit hunt last year, I'm a little afraid of another homeade costume and not really sure how to go about making it. I'm thinking....can't you just be a cowboy, pirate, etc. Nope....TOMATA. O.k, O.k. I kind of put it on the back burner b/c that's what I do when I'm avoiding a situation and lo and behold, what would come in the mail. The October issue of my Parents magazine with a tomato dressed toddler right on he cover! Who would have thunk it? I know, I know....strange but true. So I'm sure as I mumbled prayers/thoughts to God on "How in the heck will I pull off a tomato costume while working on a house." He steps in and send down step by step directions disguised in a Parents magazine. Thanks, God! I appreciate it!
Even stranger....the directions include the whole family who can be a BLT. Mom and Dad are the toast and siblings are the lettuce, tomato, and bacon. Yep....but you never thought about that!

3 comments:

Bree Shaw said...

i would love to see you guys all dress up as a BLT. but you need another child, think bronson would work? he already like yours:)

Andrea Frederick said...

there you go! we could borrow him for the evening!

Finding Joy in the Journey said...

a tomata huh? of all the things i pictured your son being tomata wasn't running through my mind. how bizarre of him...