Monday, September 15, 2008

If you can't be content with what you have received, be thankful for what you have escaped”...author unknown

I chose this quote b/c I have been without water for 3 days. Even though it stinks, it could be lots worse. I could be in Texas without water, electricity, a house, etc! I am thankful that I have water to haul, places to shower, a sister to do my laundry, and lots of worker bees at my house.

Friday (well Friday).....hmmmm.....WET! That's all I have to say. The parade was wet, the game was wet, and I did not take advantage of my last opprotunity to use my shower after all of that!
Saturday was wet!, but productive. We got almost all of the siding stained with help from Mom and Chance. Vance got a lot of insulating done in between outages too. I crawled into Jenn's shower with totally disgusting feet after she made us supper and brought it out to the farm.

Sunday was cold. We did not go to church, Vance was out almost all night, and we needed to regroup. After a strange attempt at fixing lunch with no water, I went to the farm and Steve and Corin came to help insulate. O.K....Steve more than Corin!, but in her defense, she was chasing Levi. We got all of the basement insulated and all of Emma's room. Also worked on the main level. Steve and Corin came over for supper and we also made our showering stops on the way home...boy am I tired of that!
Today...no water and after I get to school I notice my shirt has strange spots all over it. It looks like laundry detergent stains. So....I am wearing my new curves shirt even though we're not suppose to wear t-shirts. Pray for the administration that asks me why I'm wearing a t-shirt, b/c I might just unload on them!
I usually am a glass 1/2 full kind of girl, so I'll just be thankful for a t-shirt at all. Right?

2 comments:

Finding Joy in the Journey said...

sorry...was that a shirt that came from my house? if so, not sure what's up--never had that happen before.
you know that sense of accomplishment one feels after doing a days worth of laundry? i was feeling that then realized that, crap, it wasn't mine! no worries--mine was actually pretty caught up (for me) this weekend. i actually enjoy laundry & must say its interesting to do someone else's. i'm slightly concerned that i've only washed one pair of vance's skivvies & love that fact that every pair of white socks your son has are gray b/c he's such a little wild man!

Anonymous said...

hee, hee Had to chuckle after reading Jenn's comment b/c I feel sure I remember a story about Vance's training regarding this aspect of personal hygiene! :)

Do U have water now? More than welcome here, too, though I know you have lots of family around!
Shonya