Sunday, September 7, 2008

Catching Up

This week has been crazy. We ended last week with our school's Grandparent's Day. Colby is blessed to have all of his grandparents and 3 great-grandparents. Those who visited him on Friday were: Grandma Joyce, Grandma Cindy, and Papa Curtis. He got to go home with Grandma Cindy after school! Below is a picture of the awards that they made for each other in his classroom. I thought that the "new" grandparent's day format was very cool. I loved them going into the classroom and seeing what a day is like. My class made awards also, and used glitter. I overheard lots of grandparents saying how much fun they were having!


After school, Emma and I went to the farm and talked with Kelly. This outlet and light fixture thing is overwhelming me! I am VERY excited, but looking forward to being pass this "phase." After Kelly left, Emma and I cleaned and cleaned and cleaned. We burnt lots of boxes from the garage doors, garage door openers, and other things. I am very excited to have things like a garage door opener and such! Can't wait to not scrape my van every morning and not walk out in the rain! That evening, I went to the high school football game. This year is my sister's senior year. I stayed until half time and then headed home for bed.
Saturday, I got up with a phone call that our pork was done at the locker in Bloomfield. I drove up there and picked up mine and my uncles and then dropped his off and then unloaded mine into the freezer. Then, I headed to Downing to see Vance and let Emma ride Fancy since we missed the parade. After that, I took Emma to Jenn (bless her) and went on a light fixture shopping spree with my mom. We were at Menards for 2 1/2 hours! A van load later....we had almost everything we needed. I stopped at Target..."just to look" and ended up with a shower curtain and rug for Emma's bathroom and new washclothes for everyone else. (It was a good sale!)
Sunday I went to church with Emma....Colby and Vance went back to the roping pens. I would not usually let Colby miss church, but he needs to spend as much time as possible with Vance since he's leaving Thursday. After church, Emma and I went to KV to get the ceiling fans at Home Depot that I like more. We also got a cool doorbell. We had fun just hanging out uand had lunch at Pizza Hut, just the girls. When we came home, we stopped and saw Bree's new puppies and then met Cindy at the farm. She helped me decide about outlets. It really helps to talk to someone...while thinking. Vance came out later and we really got down to business about can lights and other fun things. It's really hard to picture while there is no sheet rock, windows, etc. When we got home, we quick got the kids ready for bed and tried to get ready for the week to come. I know this post is really boring and I will try to get some new pictures up soon. Things are going to get really crazy for us with soccer starting tomorrow, church Wednesday, and Vance leaving Thursday. That means I will be the sole decision maker at the house and I need to be there everyday before Kelly leaves. Right now is a really important time where he has questions for me EVERYDAY! So off to lunch...I typed this during indoor recess...YUCK! Happy Rainy Monday!

1 comment:

Corin said...

Let us know if we can do anything to help. We are incredibly boring and generally don't have anything going on.