Monday, September 8, 2008

Rain, rain, go away....

DEEP BREATH....AHHHHHH....
I'm sitting at last. Whew, do I feel like I'm rushing from here to there and sometimes meeting myself on the way! I am getting SO excited about my house. I've been excited all along, but it is becoming more and more real. I'm over feeling overwhelmed about the lighting situation. We have it under control. What will be next? Wall color, carpet...??? Who knows. Right now, the guys are just working inside until they can finally get outside. Then they will hang doors, install windows, and put up siding. I am excited to see how that will all look together. We will still need lots of help to seal the siding, so we'll be calling on friends.

Vance does not have to go to Lousiana anymore so that was a big relief off of my shoulders. I know the money would have been good; along with the stories to tell and the experience to gain, but WOW what a week that would have been!

We still have to cut the log that will be the exposed beam through the middle of our living room and get the outside lights, under cabinet lights, and the plain jane closet lights. After that, I think we're good. I have to make a trip to Ottumwa to take back the door bell and get a few more things up there.

On to more "deep" subjects. So far, Vance and I have not fought about this house. We have discussions, but have been very supportive about most of it. I am kind of surprised by this, but it seems that we have a good ability to compromise. I know this is scary, b/c if you know us at all, you know that we pick and bicker all day long. I guess when it comes to the big stuff, we know what matters.

Also, I have really enjoyed teaching 1st grade. I'm glad to have an easier class to deal with and to have such caring co-workers. They have really been helpful so far and it's nice not doing everything myself. We are planning a field trip and each one of us is doing part of it, not one doing it all. It's SO nice.

Well, I'm going to lay on my couch, b/c I CAN!!

Stay dry..............

What most of my house looks like now. Scrawled notes that would mean nothing to anyone but us!

These two tiny wires will open and shut the doors to my garage! YAY! I can't wait!

Those garage doors mentioned above:)

Switches, Switches everywhere!

Thermostat wire....just thought it was a cool picture.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Even though you have great teachers to work with.......I really miss working with you!!! This year is going to be rough on me!! AHHH I may need you for a shoulder to cry on! It's hard (as I have found) to have blessings like you!

Jennifer said...

I ment to say "find" rather than "have" opps