Monday, September 22, 2008

Do you ever wonder....

Do you ever wonder..........

How your daughter manages to never get both socks in the dirty clothes at once?

Why your children cannot make the connection from the sink to the toothbrush cup and leave their toothbrush just sitting on the counter? It's just a 6 inch gap!

How your girl gets dirtier than your boy? She's not even accomplishing anything!

Why time goes so fast after work?....but drags on and on during work! (Actually, time goes fast during work too, but in a different way).

Why the weekends go faster than the weekdays?

How your husband neglects a shirt for years and then totally notices it when your contractor wears it to work b/c he bought it at your yardsale? Oooops....

This weekend was packed FULL. Friday evening I got my stuff ready for the yardsale and went to Memphis for coax wire. Bree and I tried out the Mexican restaurant there.

Saturday started bright and early with the yardsale and then setting up the soccer foodstand. I was pretty proud of my organizational skills b/c the soccer games only ran about 10 mins behind. Then back to the yardsale and packed up around 2. I was miserable Saturday, my allergies were doing me in. After we packed up, I headed to KV to price things at Home Depot.

Sunday, I went to the early church service. There were only around 25 people there. Totally strange. Bree and I then went to Ottumwa and got presents and more stuff for the house. We stopped on the way home and let our kids feed the ducks. Too fun!

I finished my laundry tonight, which I never do. That totally stresses me out, b/c it is ALWAYS done before the work week. I just got it all put away. I only wash laundry on the weekend and then let it pile up throughout the week. Don't know if I'll do that in the new house. I know part of my problem is being in that yucky basement.

Can't wait till we move. It's getting more real everyday. I picked out the towel rings for our bathrooms and got the shower curtain rings. I also just picked out interior doorknobs and we're working on deciding on the m. bathroom countertop. This weekend I bought the kid's sinks and my kitchen sink which I'm totally excited about. Up next? Sanding and finishing the hard wood floor. Picking out carpet and laminate for the bathrooms. Finish insulating. Not sure what else........

Happy rest of the week!

2 comments:

Finding Joy in the Journey said...

usually the only part of my workday that goes truly fast is my quiet time in the morning before the kids come (now) & my prep period!

Corin said...

I love the part about Vance and the yard sale shirt too funny.