Wednesday, September 10, 2008

"I get by with a little help from my friends." ...John Lennon

Title pretty much sums it up. Seems like I'm always saying this and someday I hope I can really repay them, but thanks Bree and Jared. The day started with good vibes and pretty much stayed there. Yes, I had a huge blister and yes, I had to play dumb games with grown ups, and yes, I found out that the relay for life got moved to the Q.C. park which is infested with mosquitos, but really is that something to complain about? I think not!
My mom took my kids home, did homework, fed them, and then filled in my place at Sonlight. Bree brought my kids to the farm, went home and changed her clothes, and then continued to seal even when I was talking to the surround sound guy! Like I said, what have I got to complain about?
So today.....two of the doors were hung, and 7 windows..I think. The windows are totally awesome and I'm really excited to see them up. Tomorrow they are suppose to put the rest of the windows up and soffit and facia if the weather allows. If not, I'm not sure what they'll do. All of the porch ceiling is sealed and two more bundles of siding. If soccer practice is cancelled tomorrow, I will be sealing more...in an enclosed shed...with fumes. Fun times!

While I was sealing, Vance brought the log to the farm and stripped the bark off of it. Glad I didn't have his job! Jared came and helped him too. It's going to look pretty awesome...I"m thinking.I'm sure someone is wondering what poor fool dragged part of their car down the road!

While the adults worked, all of the kids picked up the bark. They made a HUGE pile...good work kids.

2 comments:

Bree Shaw said...

can i start a fire??:) how many times did we hear that last night? the things that make them happy! i am ready to seal again when ya need me:) that picture of the beam in the dark doesn't do it justice. it really is awesome guys! and the cedar siding smells really good too:)

Cindy said...

K the windows/door look awsome, love the pic with Vance dragging the log. You guys were busy beavers last night.....