Thursday, September 18, 2008

Update

A House Update:
ALL of the windows are in, siding is stained, and most of the insulation is done. As you can see in the below pics all of the windows have trim around them and the corners of the house have trim. Hopefully tomorrow they will start putting siding on.

South side
East side. The patio door and two windows. I'm a little frustrated b/c all of the cladding/door color/window color etc. is just a little off. I think it's just too hard to match such a vague color. I think it will look fine, just not perfect and if I would shut my mouth none of you would notice!

It's slowly drying up!

West side...you can see the trim up on the dormers.
North side. The big windows in my dining room!
Insulation in the dining/living room. We've done all of that ourselves.
Our kids pitch in every night too. Colby holding a pipe for Jerry that is down below.
Emma sweeping sawdust in the garage.

Kelly told us he needed 1 more week outside and 3 more weeks inside to be close to being finished. I can't believe how quickly things have gone. I feel like things have just been pushed into fast forward. Today I made phone calls about vanity tops and ordered the toilets. We made decisions about cabinet doors and I still have to pick out interior door knobs, finalize bathroom countertops and order kitchen countertops. I also need to look at carpet and some kind of floor covering for the bathrooms. Any suggestions? I know I do not want hardwood, just b/c of the moisture factor and I do not want linoleum b/c I just don't. Not fond of tile either, just b/c of the grout and such. I think I'm going to go with some thing vinyl that looks like tile, but it's not. I also need to finish deciding on paint color and pack everthing in our house except the bare essentials! The good news is the faucets are all ordered, light fixtures bought, and doors ordered. Vance is making the trim, so hopefully that will go smoothly.

So dear friends, stand by for a painting party (AND I MEAN IT)! I will call you! Also, we should be moving sometime in the first of November!

How exciting!

2 comments:

Finding Joy in the Journey said...

i like the stuff that they laid in the church basement kitchen--vinyl/tile. has that tiled look without the grout. maybe not those particular colors but i think it looks nice & the cool thing about it is if you did ruin one block you could just replace it. just a thought.

Bree Shaw said...

i am ready to paint! i will hopefully be up in running order when you need to paint!