Sunday, February 1, 2009

A Recap in Pictures

Wednesday night: Sonlight....pajama night, Emma and Sylvia had matching p.j.s....couldn't resist a picture.
Thursday: get a call that Vance is leaving for an ice storm. We hurriedly packed and then took the kids to family fun night. They had lots of fun experimenting, making crafts, and socializing.
Colby making a snowy picture!
Emma and one of her many masterpieces.
Mrs. Yearns was giving away puppies....a great source of entertainment, even if we didn't bring one home!
Friday: I got up at 6 and took Vance to town to leave, got the kids off, went by and played with Natalee until her morning nap and then went shopping with Bree. I found many unnecessary good deals and upheld my crown of the #1 impulse shopper/buyer. I got my kid's Easter outfits, new shoes, and various other "to good to pass up" deals. I also got a call from the school nurse saying Colby was sick. I really didn't believe her, but sure enough he was. Mom took him home for me until I could get back and BOY was he sick. I've never seen my son so sick, he would literally hang over the trash can/toilet. I felt so bad. He spend the evening on the couch and me on the recliner. Restful....let me tell you.
Saturday: much better for Colby. We went to the church's prayer breakfast, where my kids participated in Miss Lynne's prayer/praise message. Emma did a great job, Colby smiled from the background.
Saturday noon: Emma had a birthday party with Sylvia. Hair/makeup/nails.....a little girl's dream. A good time was had by all. I had lunch with Corin and scored the second season of Gilmore Girls!
Finished product!
Sunday: Church, Mom's for lunch, and home again, home again. I had an offer for a super bowl party/get together, but I wasn't feeling very sociable. I miss Vance, no other words to sum it up. It seems like when you're "other half" isn't there, everyone else's is. I know it sounds corny, but everyone else is holding hands, smiling at each other, or there is a sappy love song on the radio. I will forever hold those that deal with this time after time for a much longer period of time in my thoughts and prayers. It's lonely at night, when the kiddos are in bed or even sometimes when they're not. They play so well, as they do when Vance is here....we would watch something together, talk or not....it doesn't really matter what we would do. It's just the fact that it would be an option TO do something. So, here's to 7-14 of the longest days of my 2009!



4 comments:

Bree Shaw said...

you will make it! i don't miss those days of when jared was gone all week. at least you had a very busy weekend to keep your mind off of things a little bit.

Amee Jones said...

I totally understand. I can't even sleep in my bed when James is gone. It feels so empty and lonely.

Micheal Beeler said...

I understand..I hated it when Mike traveled for Books Are Fun and almost died when he went to NYR without me. You'll make it...in the meantime I'll be praying for your sanity. Mike's going to the eye dr. tonight...why don't you guys come in for potato soup for supper? If you'd rather stay home I understand...you had a busy weekend...but it might help the week go by faster!
(this is Jenn on Mike's account:))

Corin said...

Isn't funny how you can be doing the same things that you would be doing with him there and there seems to be this empty space. When Steve's gone the silence seems quiter, the house bigger, just empty as if somethings missing. Not to mention I get totally parinoid when Steve's gone. I watch to much unsolved mysteries or something.